Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Do Not Knock

Anyone with a child knows that nap times are sacred, which is hard for my boyfriend who would not be described as quiet. Our bedroom is on the main floor a handful of steps away from the kitchen so any noise there is somehow amplified. Theo once woke up from the Bryan's coffee grinder and there was hell to pay. After that I made him grind his afternoon coffee in the bathroom during nap times. He's not as bad as the Century Link people though. There's a sign on our door that says Do Not Knock!! Baby Sleeping!! and then our phone number. They knock anyway, saying their boss tells them to knock no matter what. WHAT? That's how you plan to get customers? Waking their baby up and somehow having WORSE customer service than Comcast?

Luckily the last time they came Bryan answered the door with his kitchen knife and probably threatened to sever their limbs. I have a problem with poor boundaries and I know this about myself but I'm still way too nice to people. That's why I leave things requiring assertive responses to my more aggressive half although I'm working on it. The other day we were downtown and an obnoxious canvasser with scripted lines and a cheese dick smile tried to shake my hand and get money for his cause. I was holding Theo and said "No thank you!" as we continued to walk into Sur La Table. I said to Bryan, "Aren't you proud of me? I didn't shake his hand and get sucked into his spiel." To which he replied, "Aren't you proud of me? I didn't punch him the face and get charged with assault."

We high-fived, proud of our teamwork toward becoming more evolved humans. And then we bought a lemon squeezer.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I spent 400 dollars having a brand new garage door opener because we thought the old one was too loud and would wake up the baby. Worth it.

    ReplyDelete